This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

save for later

1. msavi

when the client saves the form for later. what happens if he/she loses the link and the email with the link. how can i let him know how to retrieve his form?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm afraid there is no easy way to get the resume link from the admin panel. You will need to check into your database directly to get the resume key.
    So, let say you have a form with id number = 1204

The resume link of your form would be like this:
    http://www.example.com/machform/view.php?id=1204&mf_resume=3bea735b57

The above random "3bea735b57" is the code you need to find on your database.
    You need to go to your "ap_form_1204" table and find it under "resume_key" column.

Thank you for your feedback on this.
    There should be an option to see incomplete entries and re-send the resume link.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. msavi

thank you - at least i know what to do.
    u also might want to think when the client gets the resume link the email will also be sent to the administrator. this way if my client loses the link i can just forward it to him.

by the way is the id number the form id?
    thanks again

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Yes, that is the form id number

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. windyphillips

I would also very much like to see an option in the admin panel to resend a resume link to the customer. That would be very helpful since they accidentally delete emails. :) Thanks!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. williamansley

@windyphillips: While it still doesn't do quite what you want, from at least version 4.1 on, Machform has had an easy way to get the resume link from the admin panel. If you look at the Entries screen for a form with "Save and Resume Later" enabled, and if there are any incomplete entries, you will see a button in the upper right corner labeled with "1 incomplete entries" or something similar, depending on how many incomplete entries there are. If you click on the button and then on one of the entries in the list, you will see a screen with the full resume link at the bottom. This link *will not* be included if you use the email link to send the entry to someone, but you can copy and paste it into an email easily (it sure beats having to go into the database to retrieve the "resume code" and then manually reconstruct the resume link), but I would really like it if they added the ability to send a copy of the resume email from the "Incomplete Entries" admin screen directly. I don't know if the email address of the user who saves the form to resume later is stored in the Machform DB, but it should be, at least temporarily, so that this can be made to work. In fact, what I would really like is for Appnitro to put the resume link into a template variable so we can make our own custom emails including the resume link. I have submitted a feature request for this already, and I hope it will be incorporated into some future version.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. windyphillips

Thank you so much for pointing that out @williamansley that is extremely helpful. I have users who deleted newer resume links and are using older ones (or straight up deleted everything) frequently. That at least gives me a method to get them back to there form.

I agree, I would love for a resend resume link option in the admin panel and having it as a template variable would be fantastic.

Thanks again!!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic