This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Save Form

1. Becca

After I complete a form and press "Save Form" I get a message at the bottom of the page that says "Loading Data" but nothing happens. The "Loading Data" stays at the bottom of the screen and the form doesn't get saved, no matter how long I wait. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. usvi4me

Did you follow the install instructions ?

Perhaps you skipped over this step:
    MachForm requires the data folder to be writable. If you are using Linux, use the chmod command (example: chmod 777 data). If you are using a Windows FTP client to upload the files, such as SmartFTP or CuteFTP you can simply right click to the folder and choose the chmod command and set the permission into writable.

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. Becca

Yes, the data folder is set to 777. However I'm still not able to save it.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. Plastic
    Pro Member

I found this to happen once in a while if I add improper code to the line break field, because that seems to cause the form title to disappear. See if the form title is still at the top of your work page. If not, you'll probably have to make a new form. I have not found a way around that when it happens. Just giving the existing form a name doesn't seem to work. Maybe someone else has a solution.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Becca

I noticed that the form title is gone. Creating a new form does not make it reappear. Also, I noticed that the "loading data" is present even before I press "submit form"

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic