This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Scrolling section break problem

1. Robolovsky

I have two section breaks in my form. One is non-scrolling and the other is scrolling. I have added some advanced CSS along the lines of:

#main_body form li.section_break { border-top:1px dotted #333; border-bottom:1px dotted #333; margin-top:15px; margin-bottom:9px; padding-bottom:0; padding-left:9px; padding-top:11px; background-color: #e8f3ff; width:97% !important; }

I am trying to increase the size of the margin-top value but it only seems to affect the non-scrolling section break. Is there a reason for this. I wondered if the scrolling version perhaps had a different CSS reference but oddly if I increase the padding-top value that does work on both sections.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. redityo

The css seems already affected to both of section break type.
    Or try to change the css code like this :

#main_body form li.section_break {
    border-top:1px dotted #333 !important;
    border-bottom:1px dotted #333 !important;
    margin-top:15px !important;
    margin-bottom:9px !important;
    padding-bottom:0 !important;
    padding-left:9px !important;
    padding-top:11px !important;
    background-color: #e8f3ff !important;
    width:97% !important;
    }

Then clear the browser cache and refresh the form again.

MachForm Support

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Robolovsky

Thanks redityo. I have discovered the cause of the problem which may possibly be a bug. The field immediately above the scrolling section break is a text box which is hidden unless the check box above it is ticked. While the text box is hidden the section break completely ignores the top margin setting and moves very close to the check box. As soon as the text box appears the section break top margin settings are observed and it moves the correct distance away.

Would there be any way of getting over this behaviour?

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic