This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Section Break changes not being saved

1. zforray

I don't use Section Break that often but now that I have, it is driving me crazy. This is with the latest - 3.3. I have tried numerous times to make simple text changes and they never save. I have to delete and re-add a new Section Break.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

This usually happened when your section break field (or the field right above the section break field) having HTML tags as part of the label/description and the HTML tag is not closed properly.

For example:

This is my <strong>bold text.

the above would cause error, because the 'strong' tag is not being closed.
    So make sure to check for this kind of thing.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. zforray

I thought that too but checked and every open tag is closed properly. If it wasn't, the whole formatting would be screwed-up, which it isn't. The break in question is at the end of the page here: http://swiftcreekbaptist.org/Ministries/Children/WOL_Registration.htm

Just in case I am going blind, the text/code in the break is (copied/pasted here right from the section break):

Note, once you click on "SUBMIT", you will be taken to <i>eGiving</i> to pay the Registration and Resource fees. Enrollment is not complete unless these fees are payed.

Cost for the WOL program is <strong>$16</strong> for WOL Student Book and <strong>$15</strong> registration fee (<strong>$10</strong> registration fee if paid on/before September 12, 2012). Registration fees cover cost of awards, snacks, crafts and other activities for the year.
    Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

That one seems fine. However, your other section break field seems to have unclosed tag. This one:

<strong><font color=blue>ALL ADULTS WORKING WITH MINORS AT SCBC MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:</strong>

the font tag doesn't have the closing tag.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. zforray

Hmmmm - I could have sworn I removed that. I copied the code/text from my old V2 forms (I installed V3 into a different subdomain - slowly getting rid of/moving to V3, old V2 forms).

As always, thanks for your help!

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic