This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Section Break request

1. Robolovsky

It would be good to have differently formatted Section Break entries. In my form I have added css to shade the background of one of the section breaks which is used for T&Cs. The problem is that this then applies to any other section breaks I add. I would like to be able to format each section break individually as it would then become a much more powerful feature.

Would this be possible?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. williamansley

@Robolovsky: You can do this now by creating a new class selector in the advanced CSS for the theme you have applied to the form in question, rather than redefining the existing class selector. In the advanced CSS field you might put something like this (using CSS code from your other message):

.shaded {
    border-top:1px dotted #333;
    border-bottom:1px dotted #333;
    margin-top:15px; margin-bottom:9px;
    padding-bottom:0; padding-left:9px;
    padding-top:11px;
    background-color: #e8f3ff;
    width:97% !important;
    }

(Of course you can name it whatever you like, as long as it is a valid CSS class name.) Then, when you are editing your form and have the section break you want your custom CSS to apply to selected, type "shaded" in the "Custom CSS Cless" text box at the bottom of the "Field Properties" tab. Select each additional section break fields you want your custom CSS to apply to and do the same thing.

This way, you can define as many different looking sections breaks as you want, with different class names, and apply them to as many forms as you want by using the same theme. I hope this is clear.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic