This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Select Fields and Filter Entries Export Challange

1. csamuel69

Basically when I export selected fields and filtered entries it will export ALL columns (but the filter works).

Have a simple form say:
    Name
    Email
    Address
    Phone Number
    Can we contact you? radio Yes/No

I select the fields Name, Email and Can we contact you?
    It shows on the screen without the other columns.

Now I filter it down with a simple filter.
    Can we contact you IS Yes
    Again it show on the screen without the No answers only those that equal Yes.

Now I go to export the data and the No filter is there but it shows ALL columns not the just the fields selected. ie Phone Number and Address even though they were not selected Fields.

Thanks and if that is not clear let me know corman69

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

The filter will only limit the rows, not the columns. All the columns will always being displayed within the export. I'm afraid there is no way to limit the columns when doing an export. Sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. csamuel69

Well that is too bad. So it looks like I will be creating a custom PHP reporting site for them.
    With that being said my next question is where can I find the relationship between the template variables (elements) and the common name? My database is huge and can’t seem to find where they are?
    I know I can go to the email advance options to look them up one by one but I am just looking for a quicker way to link and or see them all.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

You can check into "ap_form_elements" table. There you will see the relations (check the element_id number and the element_title column).

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. bobrobertson

Yunier - are you really serious when you state there s no way to limit the columns when doing an export? I would have thought this to be a very basic function, and certainly not hard to do. I'm in the same situation as csamuel69 where all I want are the columns I've selected and nothing else. Whilst the workaround is to manipulate the export file in Excel, I actually don't want to have to fire up a Parallels W7 session and launch Excel to do it!

It really is a frustrating and basic issue, so would suggest some time be spent in investigating a better solution.

Bob

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. lucaterzaghi

+1 for export selected columns!

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. jj2jackson2002

i could really use this feature.

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. yuniar

This will be available within v4.6. We'll be releasing it before the end of this week! :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. jpello

Awesome Yuniar - excited about the new release!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic