This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] Send email via external email server?

1. MyAirplane

We do not run sendmail on our box but instead require all web apps to login to our SMTP server. How can I set this up in MachForm?

Also, I woudl like to put an extension field next to the phone number field, but don't see this option?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello,

To use an external email server, you will need to modify your includes/helper-functions.php file.

Around line 437, you'll find this code:

$mail->Host = "127.0.0.1";

Simply change the value to your external mail server. If your server requires authentication, additional lines need to be added, something like below:

$mail->Host     = "127.0.0.1";
    $mail->Username = "your_username";
    $mail->Password = "your_password";
    $mail->SMTPAuth = true;

Regarding the extension field for the phone number, I'm afraid we don't have that option yet, sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. ilapse

I see the line you refer to and have added these fields. Do I need to change the value of the following line:

$mail->Mailer = "mail";

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Try leaving it that way. If it doesn't work for you, change it to this:

$mail->Mailer = "smtp";

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. ilapse

i left it as is and the form worked but I didn't get any emails.

I changed it to smtp, and now the form doesn't show a confirmation. the page says 'done' loading with only this URL

.../view.php

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. ilapse

one more thing. i had this problem with another web app. i had to refer to phpmailer instead of mail. not sure what the syntax would be for your app, though...

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Hmm..I think I'll need to check your server directly for this.
    I've just sent you an email, let's continue there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. MyAirplane

I made the changes and now get this when i try to do a test message..

Warning: PHPMailer::include_once(class.smtp.php) [function.PHPMailer-include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eflybook/www/machform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 460

Warning: PHPMailer::include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'class.smtp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/eflybook/www/machform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 460

Fatal error: Class 'SMTP' not found in /home/eflybook/www/machform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 527

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. MyAirplane

Nevermind.. download the PHPMailer classes from sourceforge. Works fine now..

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.