This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Send form data to another website based on logic?

1. jhinkle

Are there any plans to add logic to the "send form data to another website" functionality? For instance, if you want to send them to a shopping cart that will automatically add items to their cart based on the selections they chose on the form.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Yes, this is definitely within our todo list. We already have the logic for email, fields and pages. The next step would be allowing logic for webhook notifications.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. shellyeckelberger

HI Yuniar,

I love that you've added the "Send form data to another website based" feature. I, too, need to add some logic for this feature and was wondering if you could give me some guidance on how and where to code the logic. I realize that the logic feature is on your todo list, but I really need my form to have this logic in place ASAP, so I am hoping you can offer some guidance on how I can interject the logic via php.

Specifically, I have a form that asks the user about their employment history and based on the user's answer I would like to either post the form results to a URL or not. For example, my form asks "How long have you worked where you are currently working" and the possible answers in the dropdown are:

a. 0-6 months
    b. 6 months-1 year
    c. 1-2 years
    d. 2+ Years.

I want to make it so the form results post to a URL if the answer to "How long have you worked where you are currently working" is b., c. or d. but not if the answer is a.

What file would I add the code to make the "Send form data to another website" to and could you give me any hints as to what the logic code should look like? I'm a novice at php.

Thanks in advance for your help and thanks in general for MachForms. It's a fantastically written and well-supported software.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic