This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Send form data to URL bug

1. celsiusmarketing

Having an issue with hidden fields sending merge field tag instead of blank / default values with "send form data to URL."

Here is a request bin I created so you can see how this is not working as expected.

http://requestb.in/rltbvyrl?inspect

Thanks,

-Derek

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. celsiusmarketing

I just tested this again with a fresh form and this bug is only effecting "hidden" fields. If you use a hidden field to collect data, it is only sending the merge field tag only and not the actual value.

http://requestb.in/1amt9p11?inspect

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. celsiusmarketing

I just received this error message when testing:

Error Sending Webhooks! Error Code: (503)string(484) " "

I switched the field from hidden to visible and now i get this.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. celsiusmarketing

No hidden fields are passing values, instead just merge tag.

Example:

testing: {element_5}

The default value is set to "testing" but it doesn't post "testing" only the merge field tag. I also added value with url parameter to the hidden field and it still doesn't work properly.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. timcov

I've been struggling with the same issue - but hadn't spotted the hidden field connection! I can confirm when those fields are made visible on my form it now passes the data correctly.
    Many Thanks for the post celsiusmarketing - at least I can try to work around it now using the hidden css for now.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. celsiusmarketing

Yes, the work around that I have found is create regular fields and use the class "hidden" and that works as expected. Hoping the team here can find a quick fix for this, all of our forms are now not working as expected since most recent update.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Thanks for reporting this. I've been investigating this and it's a bug indeed.

Apparently, all fields that being set to "hidden" (using the field property) aren't getting the correct merge tag value when being sent using the "Send Form Data to Another Website" option.

Fortunately the fix is quite simple, you only need to edit your "machform/includes/helper-functions.php" file.
    Search around line 297 for this code:

$template_data_options['target_is_admin'] 	   = false;

change the above code to become:

$template_data_options['target_is_admin'] 	   = true;

That should fix the issue.
    We'll include this fix into our next update. Thanks and sorry for the trouble!

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. celsiusmarketing

Thanks Yuniar for the quick fix. I'll apply this fix here shortly and report back to make sure it's working appropriately.

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. celsiusmarketing

This works as expected now. Thanks Yuniar!

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. celsiusmarketing

I just found another bug. When choosing "hidden field" and that hidden field is multiple choice, none of the selections show up when doing logic.

Here is a screenshot:

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic