This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Session Expired error

1. cferron

I have a form that I fill out and when I try to submit it I get the following message:
    Your session has been expired. Please start again.

I do not hit the back button.
    I have use the PHP code to integrate the form to the site.

The form is at:
    http://www.ultimate3rivieres.org/ATRUF/location_terrains.php

Please help

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

At the very top of your location_terrains.php file, try to insert this line:

<?php session_start(); ?>

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. cferron

I get this error at the top of my page:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/subitoph/public_html/ATRUF/ATRUF/location_terrains.php:1) in /home/subitoph/public_html/ATRUF/ATRUF/location_terrains.php on line 1

Claude

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hmm... make sure to put the code on line 1.
    There shouldn't be any characters or even spaces before the code.

If you still getting the error, send me your file please. I'll check it.
    Send to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Lets compare
    http://www.ultimate3rivieres.org/ATRUF/location_terrains.php
    with
    (output started at /home/subitoph/public_html/ATRUF/ATRUF/location_terrains.php:1) in /home/subitoph/public_html/ATRUF/ATRUF/location_terrains.php on line 1

Notice the ATRUF directory there? Its stated twice in the absolute listing and the URL only has it once. Wouldn't this cause that error?

Hope this helps!

Saghalie

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Just a note. Problem solved. It seems to be text editor problem. There is some weird character at the beginning of that file, hence the error.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. Regardt

Hi,

I have a form using the Iframe method. Randomly i get this message "Your session has been expired...".

This seems to happen on more than one form.

Form in particular is this one: http://www.chaiyil.co.za/machform/view.php?id=42

Please help!

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Regardt, I see that you are using version 2.0b, which indeed having this session expired error for IE7.

The fix is here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/session-expires-when-submitting-form?replies=12#post-2054

This bug has been fixed since version 2.0g (June 16, 2008)

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. Regardt

Many thanks Yuniar, you're a great help

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. tkdsite

Perhaps yuniar can explain - I just went to another computer to find this error after completing a form:

Your session has been expired. Please start again.

It appears in all browsers and I am using the latest version of the script. The fix in the forums does not work. The browsers being used are IE6 and Firefox 2.0 using a DSL connection. Obviously, this should not happen and is an Appnitro error. Hopefully this can be fixed soon as it is a critical error. Thank you.

Posted 15 years ago #
  11. yuniar

This bug has been fixed since version 2.0g.
    What embed code do you use for your form? Standard or advanced?

If you are using advanced form code, at the first line of your page where you embed your form, insert this code:

<?php session_start(); ?>

Otherwise, let me know your form URL so I can check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  12. csramin

I am also getting this message. I should have the most current version (with the fix) as I only purchased MachForm a few weeks ago. Ideas?

Posted 15 years ago #
  13. yuniar

Try to insert the above code into the first line of your page where you have the form embedded.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  14. mrpsycho98

Hi Yuniar... i got the same issue..
    The form start with the page here: http://www.edibleprint.com.my/order/

The form will open after that (form.php?id=XXX)

form.php already had <?php session_start(); ?> on top of it...
    there is no problem if people using laptop (Windows) but they facing problem when using iPad. After filled up the form, when they tried to submit, suddenly the "Session Expired" error occur.

Mind to help?

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. yuniar

Are you using Safari? Latest updates of Safari doesn't seems to allow session cookies from an iframe which load its content from different domain.
    In your case, the form seems to be located on different domain (idealisme.net)

The only workaround for this is by turning off form review or install MachForm into the same domain (www.edibleprint.com/my)

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic