This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Session expired - need to be able to use the back button

1. BFG9000

Hi All,

I have a need for users to be able to enter mutliple almost identical entries.
    The easiest way to do this would be for them to hit the back button a couple of times after submitting. This keeps (quite correctly) giving the message that the session has expired & they need to start again.

One thought I had was for a user to be able to edit an existing entry & 'save as new'.
    Alternatively how about a means of submitting but not clearing the data from the temp table & go back to edit it & then save as new?

Any ideas?

TTFN

BFG

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hmm.. the session expiry checking is indeed designed to avoid duplicate entries.

I'm not sure if this would work, but try to edit you confirm.php and confirm_embed.php.
    Search around line 33 for this code:

unset($_SESSION['review_id']);

remove that line.

Or perhaps you can disable the "form review" option, so that your users could hit the back button immediately after submitting?

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. BFG9000

Hi Yuniar,

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried both of those options however & they don't seem to work.

Just thinking out loud for a moment.....
    How easy would it to set the default entry for an element to the last submitted entry for that element? (maybe with a hack to not do this for email address - or any other element we decide not to populate?).

TTFN

BFG

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Sorry I forgot one thing. Let me try it again.

1) Enable form review
    2) Edit confirm.php and confirm_embed.php, remove the unset($_SESSION['review_id']); as I've pointed above.
    3) Edit includes/post-functions.php, at the bottom of that file (around line 2262) you'll find this code:

do_query("DELETE FROM ap_form_{$form_id}_review where id='{$record_id}' or session_id='{$session_id}'");

remove that line.

That should do it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. BFG9000

Thanks Yuniar!

It's working perfectly!

I'd also just like to reiterate what I said in my email to you.
    This is a fantastic product!
    I'm enormously impressed with the support you offer your customers.
    I only hope that you're making enough money for the incredible levels of support to continue.

TTFN

BFG

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Sounds great. Thanks for the kind words :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic