This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Session expired on form submission

1. pohopetch

On a newly installed Machform 3 I get the message "Your session has been expired. Please start again." on form submission. I have tried the javascript and php form file code imbedding options. I have also moved the automatically generated <?php session_start(); ?> code to the very top of my page source as there was some other php code on the page. Using php 5.3.

I also find that none of the captcha options work - i.e. if I enter the correct letters it keeps coming back with an error saying I have not completed the captcha entry correctly. I suspect this is connected to the session problem.

Thanks for your help

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. zforray

Did you check for PHP versions/compatibility? Do you have access to PHP.INI to check settings?

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Can you let me know the URL to the page where you embed the form please?

Or you can send it to:
    http://www.appnitro.com/contact

I'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. pohopetch

Thank you Yuniar - problem solved as per your instructions. Sorry I did not notice this myself. iPower do have a phpsessions directory setup by default but it was in the server root not the document root (i.e. one level too high). I suspect this was because we have been hosting with them for 10 years or more and their configuration has changed a lot in that time, as have the hosted php versions. Resetting the session directory in php.ini to correct directory (i.e. document root/phpsessions) solved problem. Captcha now also works as expected.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. jacorley

I just tried setting up my first stripe payment form. The form submits and adds info to database but the session expires text appears where I am assuming the stripe form displays.

All other forms, including paypal are working fine.

I assume this is a php.ini issue but don't know where to start.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. jacorley

FYI...I am running stripe in test mode with the proper credentials. All other session uses are working properly.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. pohopetch

If all other Machform forms on your server are submitting OK without the session expired message, then I doubt this is a problem with the php.ini session settings on your server like I had.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic