This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Session Variable in Form

1. eventura

Hi Guys

Been using the form designer for a couple of weeks, really happy with it.

I am looking to see if I can set a field to a session variable that already exists and then hide the field?

Essentially a "company_ID" on the form so I can later link the table to our application tables for reporting etc. We dont want to do this using the URL but as a session variable due to security.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

It is possible to do so. Basically you can hide the field by using CSS and then set the default value of the field using session variable.

If you need further help on this, please contact us directly and let us know the URL to your form.
    Also send us your "includes/view-functions.php" file please.

We'll help you with the code.
    You can mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. eventura

Hi

Just seen this reply now and essentially I am really stumped so I am glad you can help.

Essentiall I have three session variables $account, $email, $name and I need them to be defaulted in the forms. They dont necesarily have to be hidden, better input inhibited.

I dont want to waste your time - is this possible for different forms?

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. yuniar

It is possible to do this for different forms. However, we need to have an identifier for different forms. Is it possible for you to create another session variable which contain the form id number?

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic