This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Shipping Costs

1. andreamarucci

I've a form where the customers can order some things but at the end I've to add shipping costs that are fixed whatever the order is. Can someone help me on how to do that?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I thought of a basic way, not sure if it will suit you or not.

Basically you need to make an field item on the form, called "Shipping". Make it a multi-choice field (radio button) with one option - called "includes shipping" (or similar). Make it a required field so the form won't submit without it being "checked". Set the price (in the Payment options) as normal.

Essentially it is treated as just another "product" (although it is not really such).

[EDIT] forgot to say, that in the field properties next to the option item, click the radio button so the 'state' of the button is already "ON". Then the user doesn't need to worry. I tried this as an "admin only" field, but then it won't show up in the Payment options in order to add that field's value to the total price.

Machform provides only the basic payment funcitonality and is not a fully featured e-commerce application (which I would assume would have far more flexible options for shipping, including choice of courier / postal service and so on)

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. andreamarucci

Thanks for the tip.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic