This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] show/hide, encryption and more

1. ronald

Hello
    I purchased the software yesterday and started making some forms.
    So far I like the look and feel and the integration. Job well done.

here are some questions/remarks, I will skip a few that have been asked already as far as I have noticed.

1) How can I use this for registration forms? I.e sender receives a password automatically for a member section.
    2) How can the form be send to multiple email addresses, i.e cc_email?
    3) When making a purchase form I want to show certain options only when a selection has been made.
    Example:
    Buy DVD
    Buy Music
    Only after selecting DVD a dropdown menu will show with categories, same for Music.
    4) When the form is submitted, is the data encrypted all the way and can then only be opened with entering a password by the receiver (better than https)?
    5) The address block is quite big. If the form is used for making appointments in a certain city exclusively then there is too much information. This can be solved by using a single line (not so nice) or by getting the source and edit it in a html editor (much work)
    If the latter, will the form still be processed (as certain info will be missing from the form)
    6) is there a language pack, i.e will the software be able to handle language packs instead of editing the source? I can contribute with Dutch language.
    7) Has been asked before...tabbed forms! This is probably the most important feature in any form. Is this a priority for the next release?
    8) reCaptcha isn't working for me. Public key is not valid, all though I have had an account for a long time there. Since I use it for a brand new domain, could this be due to dns not fully propagated (reCaptcha not able to find my website)?

More questions will likely follow after I have played around some more :)

Thank you.
    regards

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello ronald,

Thanks for purchasing :-)

1) You might want to check this post http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/sending-html-email-back-to-submitter?replies=2
    So what you need to do is to send an auto responder for each form submission. In your case, the email would contain a random password generated by your site. Am I correct?

2) Simply put a comma to separate the email addresses.
    3) Conditional logic. This one has been asked by many users. I'm afraid MachForm doesn't have this feature. sorry.
    4) I'm not really sure what you mean about this. But the data on your admin panel is password protected. However, if you mean the email being sent to you. I'm afraid that's beyond MachForm functionality. MachForm doesn't encrypt any data, so if you transmit important information, HTTPS is the best option.
    5) Sure, you can simply remove the unnecessary fields. The field would be considered as empty.
    6) I'm sorry about this. MachForm doesn't have any language pack yet. I've put a note to our todo list for this.
    7) This is a major feature indeed. However it require quite fundamental changes. It's already on our todo list, but I'm afraid it won't be available in the near future.
    8) What error message did you get? If you have a brand new domain, you might need to generate a new key. Since each domain require different key.

Let me know if you need further help.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. ronald

hi thanks for your reply.
    1) yes I read that thread, however could not see where the password was generated and send with the email. Do I need a separate "thing" for this?
    2) i tried this in the back end, but got an error. Per haps I mistyped it and Ill give it another shot.
    3) Will Conditional logic come or is it out of the question all together?
    4) yes, https is good until the server. From server to recipient however sensitive info can be intercepted and read. Per haps a new feature?

7) Is the time schedule known? Let's say, November 2008?
    8) I made a new key for the new domain, yes. The form displays "Invalid public key". I have removed the key for now as I suspect it is a dns issue

thank you

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

1) Ahh, yes, you will need to add your own custom code to generate the password. The thread only show you a generic step to send the email. If you need help with this, mail me directly to yuniar [at] appnitro.com -- let me know how do you want the password to be generated -- I'll assist you more there.
    2) Hmm, try to remove the spaces between the email and comma, if you have any. If it still doesn't work, mail me your machform login info and I'll try to check.
    3+7) This is something that I would like to implement. However, due to its complexity, I really can't give you any time estimate for this. I'm avoiding time estimate, since estimates usually wrong. I hope you understand.
    4) Hmm, I'll consider this. Thanks for the suggestion.
    8) Let me know if your recaptcha still doesn't work after few days.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. ronald

hi, I have sorted almost all aspects now.
    8) I put the key code in the wrong place. I replaced the text in the config with the key instead of placing it in the quotes after it. Per haps in the config-empty it should say this: define('RECAPTCHA_PUBLIC_KEY','Place your public key between these quotes');

The script looks very nice and it is easy to make a form. It is sometimes a hassle to work on the stylesheet, figuring out what is what since there are so many elements/selectors. However that is the learning curve.

I have made 3 forms. Contact form, appointment form and a register form.
    The first two are simple enough.
    When it comes to registering, this will lead to a different set of challenges for me. It will also need a login form and a lost password form.

I looked in the database and saw ap_form_1, ap_form_2 and ap_form_3 all containing tables with element_1, element_2 etc..

How would one know which one to use and which tables/fields to use to send back an email with password, provided I have a script that will generate a password?

If the software is meant to easily make all the forms you'll ever need, should it then not also be able to be used for login and members area?
    Or is this a new feature request?

I say this because I bought a license and on the specific domain I will need all those forms and functionality.
    Unfortunately I can not code to make all this work and to use it only for a simple contact form on 1 domain exclusively seems a waste of such a nice software and a bit expensive.

Has anyone used machform to make a login and members form I can learn from?

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Hi ronald,

Sorry about the captcha key, I'll fix this for the next one.

Regarding the login/members form, you will need to do some coding to integrate it with your own system. And I don't think it will be implemented as a new feature, since each site would have different authentication method and specific rules.

Honestly, I'm pretty much surprised that machform is being used to create login forms.
    The software is designed to help you creating forms easier, however, I do realize that it won't be able to create all kind of form.

Really sorry for this.

Regarding the table names (ap_form_1,ap_form_2,etc), it depends on your form id number. So if you have a form with URL like this http://www.appnitro.com/demo/view.php?id=4 then your form id is 4, which mean your table would be ap_form_4.

For the element name, view source the form to see it. In the above sample, the email field is element_2

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. ronald

Hi Yuniar
    Please don't apologize, you made a great piece of software that builds and looks very nicely.
    Making a members area requires more than just building a form.
    It is the "more" part that is giving me headaches as I know so little of writing codes and such.
    I'll use Machform for what it is intended to do and find a script for making a members area.

keep up the good work.
    O, will there be an affiliate program coming?

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Hi Ronald,

Thanks!

I'm pretty much sure you'll find the membership script easily at hotscipts.com.
    http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/User_Authentication/index.html

About the affiliate, are you looking for an affiliate software?
    Or do you mean affiliate program for machform?

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. ronald

hi,
    I have a few membership scripts now, just hadn't the time to set it up.

I meant the affiliate for machform..

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. yuniar

hi ronald,

I haven't received much request regarding the affiliate.
    Although I've been considering to set this up for a while.

I think I'm going to wait a little bit more, until I get enough requests for this one.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.