This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

silly question alert...can a file such as a jpeg, be embedded in a form?

1. johannasophia

Specifically, I want to embed a jpeg showing font styles from which the client may select from a drop down. Can I do that within the form? Thank you!

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. williamansley

Anywhere you can type text into a field, you can insert an image tag. If you know html and have the image you want to use already uploaded to your web server, then you're all set. If you need more help with this, feel free to ask and I or someone else in this form will try to provide more detailed information.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. conceive

that's great. So, how do you use html entities? They seem to display well in the actual forms BUT they don't display in the email notifications:

So, you end up with-- [& trade;] instead of the trademark symbol™.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. DaveVoss

Your graphic should show up in the email as long as the graphic is viewable by the public. For example submit the form below and you should see the one graphic come through, because the first section break field is configured to be included in the email.

http://site.beautifulsaviour.org/forms/view.php?id=32

Graphics in the Form Title don't get sent in the emails, even if you include the field code "{form_name}" in the confirmation email setup.

In addition, you can include a graphic in the emails you send by including a link to the graphic in the email body in email setup.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. williamansley

@concieve: I just tried this and html entities display properly in my test emails. Make sure you do not have the "Send Email in Plain Text Format" check box checked at the bottom of the "more options" section of the "Send Notification Emails to My Inbox" or "Send Confirmation Email to User" settings. If this box is checked then any html you use in the email will be visible.

If you checked the "Send Email in Plain Text Format" check box because all of the line breaks in your email were being removed, you can fix this by added breaks tags at the end of each line.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. johannasophia

Thank you williamansley. I understood, implemented and conquered! Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. williamansley

@johannasophia: I'm glad you found my reply helpful.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. conceive

williamansley- thanks that was the problem. I had that box checked.
    : ]..

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. williamansley

@conceive: The same thing happened to me. :-> I'm glad when my experience can help others.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic