This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Silly question in regards changing domainname for Machform.

1. MvdL79

Hi Yuniar (or other staff),

I got a silly question, but I still hope you can answer it.

I am currently rebuilding one of our websites on a temporarily fancy test domain. Now I was wondering, if I installed Machform on this testdomain and create the necessary order and/or used forms by us, will I be able to change the domainname later on easily to our main domain?

I understand I need to change a few things, however the MySQL database should be the same. But can you explain what I need to change in concerns to Machform, so I can make the domain switch (if this is even possible, without issues).

Let me know when you have the time.

Regards,
    MIchel

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. timcov

I'm just a user, not staff but have moved domains before without any issues. As I recall I simply exported the mySQL database from the old domain, imported into the new, then installed Machform on the new domain and ran the install. Then just corrected the config file. Check your machforms URL->advanced settings is correct after the move as well.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. AMurray
    Pro Member

Is the test domain completely different to the live / official domain?

If it's like "www.testdomain.com" and live site is "www.livesite.net" - then you need to ensure you have sufficient licences purchased as usually a single licence means one domain/website. Not sure if that applies to subdomains e.g. site1.livesite.net, site2.livesite.net

If you have further concerns, suggest contacting Appnitro directly via their ticketing system:

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

They can update the record in their systems (since the installation does record what domain it's installed on - especialy with the multi-licence, as it has to keep track of the number of usages vs available usage.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. MvdL79

Sorry for the late response, was on vacation (and to be honest, forgot about my question).

Okay, so it's possible to change the domainname. Just backup the MySQL, install Machform on the new server / domainname, edit the config and re-upload the MySQL database.

But what about CSS styles and email templates?

Oh I am not worried about our license; we have an unlimited license from day one of Machform. :)

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Email template should be copied over already when you copied the mysql database.
    Regarding CSS files, just make sure to copy the content of your "machform/data" folder.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. MvdL79

Okay, sounds good. Thanks Yuniar :)

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic