This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Simple Joomla plugin...

1. morktron

Hi, I've been using Joomla for years and have used all of the top Joomla form extensions but none of them compare to Machform. Machform is so easy to use that it becomes a pleasure to add a form, plus it is easy to clients to use as well.

The downside is that it is not easy for a client to then add the form to Joomla.

There are lots of steps involved, which are all point and click but then if you want to embed a form into an Article it becomes tricky. The main issues are:

1. By default you can't have an Article with no content in it - so you have to hide it with CSS (which can't be done by a client)

2. The name of the form is added and there is no option to disable it, so it the name of the Article is the same of the form it looks silly. Of course you can disable the Joomla Article name but then it is styled differently to the rest of the site.

I'm sure it would not be hard for the talented Appnitro coders to make an extension for Joomla. I don't mean to try and add it all to Joomla but just the ability to add a form. Ideally using a plugin that adds a button to the wysiwyg editor (there are plenty of these made already) - that way a form could be added by a client using simple frontend editing.

Adding a few parameters would be nice too, plus the ability to make a new menu item linking to a form.

Anyway almost 3% of all website sare made with Joomla so it is definitely worth doing! http://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/content_management/all

Especially if you add it to the Joomla Extension Directory

Maybe you guys should setup Uservoice or something similar for people to add suggestions ;)

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Thank you for your feedback on this.
    Unfortunately we don't have any plan to build CMS specific extensions (for Joomla, WordPress, etc) in the near future. Sorry.

I understand that many people requested this but for some reasons we decided not to go to this direction.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic