This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Single License

1. 28Bytes

Hello,

I have a Standard License and just paid for the upgrade. I have about 30+ forms some have custom CSS and edits to the core files. I am afraid that the upgrade process will end up breaking a majority of my forms. Is it possible to install version 3.x along side of 2.x then transfer each one of my forms over to make sure they are working 100%. Then delete my old version once everything is all said and done?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

If this was an upgrade to the standard install with no modifications, the upgrade is very easy and provided you follow the instruction should not break your forms.

You may have to redo the custom CSS and the customization to the core files might have to be redone, since Ver 3.x is totally new application and some of the changes you have done previously may not work, or may have to be added in different places/files (but Yuniar could confirm this).

If you have concerns, Appnitro can do the upgrade/install for you - complete this form: http://www.appnitro.com/install-request. You would possibly also need to provide Yuniar with detail of your modified php files. (which files, and what code you added etc).

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

If you have done many modifications to the core files, it is better to run two instance of MachForm indeed. Keep your old MachForm to run all your existing forms and create a new database for the new machform and use it to create new forms.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. 28Bytes

Yeah I created a new one. I just don't want to take the chance of messing up all those forms.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic