This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Slight layout modification

1. thebridge

Trying to help out my sister in law.

She had her site built a year ago by a guy who has gone on a gap-year and isn't contactable. We can log into the machform form manager on the site and we are looking for a way to put the labels, Name, Phone, Email etc on the same line as the input box that currently sits underneath.

I had a look at the CSS but nothing jumped out at me, is there some way of doing this? I'm pretty good with code normally but this has stumped me.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Yes, you can do CSS adjustment for this. Here is an instruction regarding this:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/label-038-input-box-on-same-lin?replies=17

Within the new machform (version 3) there will be an easy option to set label alignments from the form builder.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. thebridge

Cheers mate! That was simple enough for me :)

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. thebridge

Ok, now she wants the address input boxes shrunk to match all the others, and the other four input boxes underneath, ie city, state, zip and country on seperate lines rather than two of two, I take it I am looking at the CSS again?

This is the last time I offer to do a favour!

Thanks for your help.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. thebridge

I've been adjusting the includes/view-functions.php file and nearly got there :)

Commenting out the 'address_street2' div removes the second address line

Changing the "element text large" to "element text medium" in the 'address_street' div, makes the address input box the same size as the others

Removing class="left" and class="right" from the next four divs puts them on individual lines

And that's where I'm stumped again, those four input boxes, city, state, zip and country are all aligned to the left, not the right as all the others are

I know I'm missing something in the CSS.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Saghalie
    Pro Member

You really don't need to go in the include files. Just edit the CSS. Editing the include files will affect all forms not just the one that you need edited - unless you specify the form(_xx) explicitly and leave the original code alone.

If you have dreamweaver or any other web development suite, you should be able to configure the form through the CSS file.

If you want, post the form URI here and explain again what you want configured and we can see if we can't get the answers you need and pass along some advice for you.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. thebridge

Cheers mate but I've done it now. It was a copy of the view-functions.php file that I edited, I have the original that can be put back into the folder if necessary.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic