This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

SMTP over SSL and Encryption

1. kencharpie

I am receiving credit card info from clients through machform (which is great software!), and accessing it over ssl. However, I would also like to email this credit card info out in notification emails in order to streamline billing.

My website host (ixwebhosting) has told me that they do not support secure mail protocols, which I told them is completely ridiculous. So I cannot configure machform to use secure SMTP, since my hosting provider does not support it.

I know that machform does not have an encryption feature, but is there any way to port other software to machform to provide encryption? (GPG?)

Basically, am I hosed?
    Are there any solutions I've overlooked?

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Sorry, I don't know which software could provide such encryption for MachForm.
    If anybody else know any software to do this, I'd be very interested to look into it too.

One possible option for you is to use Google App to host your mail. They support secure SMTP and it's free.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. kencharpie

I do use google apps for my email, but doesn't my hosting service still have to support this? I mean, the emails get channeled through my hosting provider on the way to google apps, so I figured they'd have to support smtp in order for it to get to google over smtp.

If I can set up machform to use smtp and know that it's getting to google via smtp, I'd be ecstatic!

I would appreciate guidance on this topic very much.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Try this, create a blank php file, save it as "info.php"

Put this code inside your file:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Then upload that file to your server and run it from your browser.

You should see your PHP configuration. Search for "openssl". Is it there and enabled?
    If so, then your server should be able to connect to Google Apps secure email.

Let me know.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. kencharpie

I appears to be!

OpenSSL support enabled
    OpenSSL Version OpenSSL 0.9.6b [engine] 9 Jul 2001

I would appreciate directions on setting up smtp within machform!

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Sounds great. Let's continue through support ticket.

Please submit a request here:
    http://www.appnitro.com/support/index.php?pg=request

or just send email to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

I'll help you from there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic