This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] Source code of actual form?

1. Ray

I've been reading through all the features of MachForm and it states "We know you want flexibility. This is why MachForm shipped with full source code. You are allowed to modify it to suit your specific needs."

I'm assuming this is for the application itself (yes/no)? What about the forms I create though - Can I see the source code for those once created and then modify the code to suit our website?

The reason I ask is because I don't want to be using IFRAME's to imbed the form into the website; I want to be able to use the actual code.

Thanks a lot. :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello Ray,

Yes you will get full PHP source code of the application.
    Regarding the form code, actually MachForm doesn't produce any files/code for the form.

All forms are handled dynamically. For example:
    http://www.appnitro.com/demo/view.php?id=7
    or the embedded version: http://www.appnitro.com/demo/embed.php?id=7

It depends on the id being passed. If you want to get the form code, simply view source it (I suggest the embedded version) and embed it into your website.

However, I know what you mean. I'm still figuring out the best way to embed the forms without using any iframe. I think I will provide an include() mechanism, so you can include the form from your own PHP code.

Or perhaps I'll provide API for submission/validation. I'm not really sure though.
    I'll need to figure out more.

Thanks for asking about this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Ray

Ok, I might end up purchasing it anyway and playing around with it. From the demo and what I've read so far, it sounds and looks pretty impressive.

At the moment I create all my forms using PHP and it can be a very time consuming task, esspecially if you need to store the data into MySQL databases and extract it later. If MachForm can do all this for me, then imbedding the form into a website using an IFRAME is the very least of my problems at this point in time.

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Cheers!

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Thanks Ray :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. jiby

First of all, great application! Here is a pre-purchase question. You said that all forms are handled dynamically and that we can copy the embedded version of the code into our code. The question is where will be the form processed, (1) on my website or (2) at http://www.appnitro.com/demo/view.php?id=7 for example? If it's on my website, then I guess I can tweak some code to add other database custom updates after saving a MachForm (like linking saved row with some other table in database).

Finally, I saw other people want this too - multi-lingual capabilities/internationalization. This would be a great update for me too.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Hi jiby,

The form is definitely processed on your own server. Appnitro has nothing to do with your form processing.

So, you have full control over your data. And yes, you could tweak MachForm to suit your need. Many users already done this.

Regarding the multilingual support, thanks for the suggestion. This is something that I would like to see too.

Thanks

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.