This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

standard vs advanced code

1. susanfw

I am curious to find out whether most experienced MachForm users use the standard or advanced code for their forms. I am using the standard code for my first site using MachForms, and one of the staff members at my client's office tells me that she cannot see the Submit button. When she scrolls down, she gets to almost the end of the form, and sees the footer, but is missing the last line of fields and the Submit button. The form is fine on the other computers in their office. I have tested it in multiple and don't see the problem she has.

My concern is not so much that one computer, because it is likely her settings, but I want to feel comfortable that all of THEIR clients don't have a problem submitting forms. Am I making a mistake by not using the advanced code? I guess I was put off about using the advanced code, because of the notice about not being guaranteed to work on all PHP pages.
    Thank you.
    Susan

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Susan,

If you are using the standard form code, I suggest to apply this additional code:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/auto-expandadjustable-iframe?replies=15

It will automatically adjust the height of your form, so everybody should see it just fine.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. susanfw

I had tried the code for the expandable code previously, but didn't like that when the page first appears, the form look closed and then opens up to full size. It is very noticeable, especially on long forms. That's why I was thinking maybe I should be using the advanced code, but I was concerned about the warning about it not being guaranteed to work on all PHP pages. So that's why I was wondering what method most experienced users were using.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Ah.. I see.
    In terms of speed and usability (no iframe) the advanced code is preferrable indeed.

However, depends on the complexity of the page, it might not working properly.
    I think the best way is to try it. Use the advanced code and then test submitting the form. If the form is being submitted properly, then you can use the code.

MachForm Founder

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic