This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Strip html tags

1. rdegler

How do I strip html tags from text fields in submissions?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

All the fields already filtered any HTML tags using the proper characters.
    However, if you need to remove the tag completely, it is possible to do so by doing some modification.

Do you want to do this for all text and paragraph field?

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. rdegler

Yes, we need the paragraph and text fields to strip all entered html.

Our campus security does not was emails sent from forms to contain html, js etc.

They are worried a person will fill out the form using another's email as the submitters address. They will embed html such as links or JS. The receiver of the email will believe it is legitimate since it comes from a campus email address.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Ah.. I see. In this case, there is no further modification needed because MachForm already "secured" any HTML tags.
    MachForm automatically convert special characters (such as < or >) to HTML entities, so that no HTML tags will be executed.

So no worries about this. Your users won't be able to insert executable HTML tags or javascript code.

You can test it by inserting a simple HTML tags, such as <b>Hello world</b> into your text field.
    Within the email, you'll see the content exactly as that and not being executed as HTML tag.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. rdegler

Yeah, 3.5 does that our forms are on an older version of Machform.

You make a great product and offer excellent service!! I always tell people about how great Machform is. If I was rich I would invest in you.

Thanks,

Roy

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Thank you Roy!

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic