This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Stripe & Recurring Payments

1. marie

I work at a non-profit and we would like to make the options available to our donors to give a monthly donation. I understand when using PayPal for recurring payments, the customer can login to PayPal and manage or cancel their payments. How does this work with Stripe? There's no customer front end so does that leave all recurring payment management up to the site administrator/me? Thanks.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I think Stripe is not like Paypal where you control your account, because it is only for processing credit card payments, and doesn't have an "account" feature in PP where you add funds to pay people by sending the payment to their email kind of thing. PP can be used to pay directly by C/Card that is not its primary function.

Stripe on the other hand is purely for paying by C/Card from what I can see. For subscription/recurring billing I think this link https://stripe.com/docs/subscriptions, may have the kind of thing you're asking about, but I don't know if it integrates with Machform or not at this point - it seems Stripe recently added as a payment processor to MF could be integrated further with those additional options in future MF releases.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

There is no front end interface for your customer to login and manage their payments indeed. You (administrator) need to manage it directly from your Stripe dashboard.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. he4gaveme

Can anyone share if it is possible to cancel a subscription (plan) from the Stripe dashboard? I am looking to start using the feature in Machform and cannot seem to get confirmation if it is an easy cancel (a couple of clicks from Stripe interface, not coding). The doc page link provided above gives instructions with codes and I am not sure how that works.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Yes, canceling a subscription should be as easy as logging in to your Stripe account, find the subscription and click cancel.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. octochops

I recommend the following service for anyone planning to use Machform for subscriptions It's called Stunning. https://bestunning.net. It's amazing. They have a free plan that won't charge you until they actually start saving you revenue (you just have to ask for it)

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic