This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Stripe payment added but odd problem and form breakage if back button is used

1. lakes

We added Stripe as the payment method. All working great (we thought).

We added a discount code in Stripe not realizing we needed it added in the form itself. During a live test the user (expecting to see a discount code in the payment screen) hit the back button of the browser. Although all of the pricing choices (multiple choice) were still selected, the price total at the top and bottom of the form went to $0.00. Upon submitting the form again it bypassed the payment screen and on to the confirmation page that the order was successful. No emails were sent out or received.

Major problem - customer thinks we have the order and we don't and nobody gets a confirmation or failure notice, the order value goes to $0.00.
    I hope I've explained this properly - but I could use any help to get this resolved as quick as possible. We have a live form that we can just take down now.

How do I fix this set of actions for a smooth and predictable recovery or error that gracefully starts the order process over again?

Thanks

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I've replied to your support ticket but haven't heard back. Please check into your spam folder, our email might be filtered there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic