This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Submit Second Entry

1. kentrichardson

I'm finishing up registration for music students. At the end of the form, I want to be able to give parents the chance to register another student.

I could do this with the conditional logic and create another set of fields for the second student (name, grade, instrument, etc). But then I have a lot of extra fields.

Is it possible to allow the user to submit an entry and then go back and submit a second entry before going to payment page?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. kentrichardson

Another way to ask this would be, what happens if I return the user to a previous page in the form? Will it add a new entry for those same fields or will it overwrite those previous fields?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. kentrichardson

?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

(1) you could create a hyperlink on the "thanks" page to go back to the beginning of the form. Not sure how this would work with the payment at the end. It depends on the payment processor used - e.g. Paypal when payment is complete has a 'return to vendor website" link - I think you can customise that the link clicked returns to the form. and the process to submit a new student starts over.

With the fully integrated payment like Stripe (which appears not to actually leave your site) may have a "thanks for payment" type page, perhaps you can put in the link to the blank form there.

(2) Conditional Logic - the neat thing about conditional logic is that the extra fields will be hidden, until a response in a particular field triggers them to be shown e.g. you have a page in the form with the student detail as you describe above.

At a basic level you could have a Yes / No question like "add another student?". If you click "Yes" it reveals a second set of fields, and you can repeat that for subsequent students or you can have the logic skip pages, in the same way, each page can have the student details.

If you click "No" to "add another student" Machform can skip the remaining pages, to the next page you want shown e.g. payment / credit card detail or whatever, so the user will not see the extra fields if they are not necessary to be completed.

I don't think it would be too onerous to have 3 or 4 extra sets of fields in the one form, at least that way your users can make the payment for up to 4 students instead of one at a time.

(3) you can't use the "back" button as you describe since the form is not submitted until you click the final "submit/send" button.

Option (1) or (2) would be the choices you have.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. kentrichardson

Thank you. I can do that.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic