This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Suggestion: disable multiple choice, etc., fields in Form Manager

1. williamansley

The fact that multiple choice, checkbox, and drop down fields are "live" in the form builder can be confusing with respect to setting the default values for these fields. It is easy for a user to suppose that they are setting the default choice when they make a choice in one of these field types in the form builder area, when, in fact, the only way to set a default is by making the choice in the "Field Properties" panel when creating or editing one of these fields. If the fields of these types were shown as disabled (grayed out) in the form builder area, it would prevent the user from making that kind of mistake. It seems to me this would be a helpful change and I hope you will consider it.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. DaveVoss

Yes, I agree with William. I use a hidden control multiple choice field to control which of 6 other fields show or are hidden on the form depending upon how many people register for an event on each of three days. So we edit that field in a kind of real time manner as the days registrations fill up.

Even I make the mistake of selecting a choice on the form, rather than editing the field. I expect my users to make that mistake even more frequently than I do -- they aren't as computer savy as I. Grayed out would be great.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic