This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

text gets dropped from database after a certain length

1. franki

Hello,

I have a paragraph field on a form and it doesn't seem to retain more than a few dozen characters. The lost characters are not in the database nor the email receipt that gets sent with the form data. Anywhere I can check yuniar to figure this out?

As always, thanks for your help.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

If you're talking about viewing it in "Entries" then you will only see some of the data because of the way that HTML table has been set out;, if you view the whole entry, click the magnifying glass icon at the beginning of each record/row in the "View Entries" list which opens a new screen with the whole (individual) entry.

There are navigation buttons like "next", "previous", "last" and "first" and so forth so you can move back and forth between records without having to return to the Entries list to select another one.

I'm not sure that's addressed your problem, but it sounds like the most likely scenario.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. franki

Hi AMurray,

No, even when I click the magnifying glass it's not complete. The text is getting cut off and no where to be found.

Thanks

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Try to check directly into your "ap_form_X" table (X is your form id number).
    Check the column which hold your paragraph data, it should have a field type of mediumtext.

Let me know if this is not the case.
    Also, what version of MachForm do you use?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. franki

Hi Yuniar,

Yes, it's mediumtext.
    It's version 2 (I updated about 2-3 weeks ago)

Thanks

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. yuniar

That's odd.
    Can I login to your MachForm to test it?

Please mail the login info to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic