This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Thinking of getting matchform - some questions

1. iain401

I'm interested in getting matchform, If I alweady have a form on my website, will it work with it or does it all need to be re-entered. If it doesn’t need to be re-entered will it work with some javascript that Ihave in my form that does some basic calculations. If the form needs to be regenerated can I add my javascript to the new form.

My existing form is at http://www.silvertv.plus.com/psc/forms/memb_form_calc.html

My existing form has columns. Will the results read down each column in turn or will it read across the page? Does it follow the tab index number for each field?

Thanks

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi,

I've just checked your form and it seem pretty complex.
    I'm afraid MachForm won't be able to be similar as yours.

You will need to redesign the form and MachForm won't be able to work with your existing data, since it has specific table structure.

Multiple column is available through some CSS modification, but it will require quite some work for your form.

For a complex form like this, I think MachForm won't be good enough.
    Sorry for this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. iain401

Hi Yuniar,

I'm still very interested in giving it a try as I particularly liked the way the results can all be downloaded as an excel sheet.

If I accept the layout that machform puts the fields on to a new form will it be able to handle the information I need to collect?

With the form I showed you above, after creating the form I used a utility to insert some javascript do the addition. Is there any reason why I shouldn't be anle to do that after creating your form?

On my current form after a form is successfully completed the user is taken to a success page but then needs to click the back button to go back to the form to make payment using Google checkout. I don't like this because the user can make errors. I need to have Google checkout on the same form because I don't know of a way of carrying the total to be paid from the form to a Google checkout button on another page. Another way round this would be to have the success message to appear on the form. Can mach form do this or can you suggest another solution?

Thanks

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hi iain401,

If you are okay with MachForm's form layout (which I think it would be quite longer than your current one) -- then yes, MachForm should be able to handle all those fields.

With some custom modification, you could add the javascript too.

Regarding Google Checkout, I think we can redirect the form to a page which has Google Checkout button. We need to pass the total amount to that page. Won't be difficult for this one.

What do you think?

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. iain401

Sounds great, I'm going to give it a go. I really appreciate the help, the form processor that I have tried to get to work doesn't work right and their help is non existant

I noticed that in some other topics people were interested in being able to do simple maths on a form.
    When I get mine working ok I'll post about how I did it

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. renobird

iain401,

Would love to see how you get the calculations working.
    Looking forward to your post.

: )

--
    Tom

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. iain401

Now that I see a bit of how machform works I'm not so sure this will work. I did it previously with a dreamweaver extension from
    http://www.kaosweaver.com/ExtensionsHelp/kaoshelp.php?id=28&verNum=1.2.5

If the fields that you want to do calculations on are in an HTML form this creates the javascript and inserts it. But with machform the fields aren't in an html form, they are in php files that are then inserted into an html form.

As far as I understand a php file doesn't have html form elements so I don't know.

You could add html form elements to a separate html page but then the selection that someone makes on that form won't be shown in machform reports

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Iain, no worries, I'll help you setting this up.
    I've sent you an email, let's continue there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. dsirois

I'm curious as to how this was solved? I have kaosweaver and wish to add this functionality to my forms.

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. yuniar

Actually, we ended up writing our own javascript to do the calculation, since the integration doesn't seem to be easy.

Due to the complexity, I'm afraid I can't provide any support on this. Sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic