This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Two questions...

1. rscott7706

Hi all, hope someone can help on a couple of (hopefully) easy fixes.

1. I would like the form window to close on submit since I am using a redirect. Right now, the user gets redirected to a new window, and the form remains up. When they close the redirect window (if that is what they choose to do), the existing form is then on screen. I fear some users may re-sumbit the form when they are returned to it.

2. On the address blocks, address2 field does not seem to have to be filled even though I have checked the "required" option. This leave me to believe I can make other individual fields (such as Country) not required within the overall required block. Is this so, and if so, can someone help?

Thanks!!!
    Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Ron,

1) "Right now, the user gets redirected to a new window, and the form remains up."

Hmm.. I don't really understand this one. Why not redirect using the same window as your form? This way your user won't see your form again (unless they hit the back button of course).

2) Ok, so you need to have Country field not required? just that one?

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. rscott7706

yuniar, thanks for your reply.

1) machform right now in "Success Message" has a choice of:

Show Text (?)
    Redirect URL (?)

If I select "Show Text", the success page replaces the form page, but when I close that page, I am off the site. I want the client to stay at the site - so this is not a good option for me.

If I select "Redirect URL" - I put the url in for my home page, but the redirect opens a new page, and leaves the form the client just completed up. I now have two pages up (probably two tabs depending on the browser).

The client now has two pages up, the form they prepared and a new window displaying the home page.

This is not a good option because I fear an inexperienced client may re-submit the form for some reason.

I need the redirect to open in the same window as the form was created in (_top). Can I put coding in "Redirect URL" to do this, and if so can you help me?

2) Yes - I would like Country only to not be required.

Thanks Ron!!

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. rscott7706

Actually on question #2 above, I want both the address2 and Country to be not required, but it seems as if address2 is already taken care of.

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. redityo

Hi Ron,

It's weird, by default machform not open a new page for redirect option, it should replace the parent page. Could you check it again ? or can I have your form URL to test it ?

Anyway to bypass country field, you should edit "includes/post-functions.php". Search around line 474. you will find this code :

$target_input[$element_name_6] = $user_input[$element_name_6];

you can add a comment to that line, it will be like this :

//$target_input[$element_name_6] = $user_input[$element_name_6];

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. rscott7706

Here is the link - I tried it again, and yes it opens a new page. I have the form as a php required - I wonder if that has something to do with it.

http://www.masterliens.biz/machform/data/form_15/PreliminaryLienNotice.php

On the second item, I am a little hesitant to just comment out a field as it may affect validation. In other words, if I have a field I comment out, and the user can't see it, obviously they will not populate it with information. And, if I have the block (address for instance) as "required", it may stop the form.

Am I off on this? It happened to me on another one I was playing with, and when I re-instated it, it then worked OK.

By the way, I will be buying another (hopefully MachForm 3 Licenses Pack) in the near future (even though I don't need it right now).

I want you guys to know this is a dynamite package and I want you to be compensated for all your good support.

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. rscott7706

By the way, as an addendum to the message above, you may send the form if you fill it out as it now just routed to me.

But don't use any links on the menu above as the actually are the existing forms I will be replacing soon with machforms.

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. yuniar

I think I know why your form always submit to a new window.
    I checked your page and found this:

<title>Masterliens - Preliminary Lien Notice</title>
    <base target="_blank">

That second line of code would force your form to submit to a new blank window.
    You need to remove that line, so you form won't open a new window.

Regarding the country field, actually the instruction posted by redityo above won't hide your country field. Your country field is still being displayed, but the "required" validation is being removed from that field.

I suggest to try it first, so you can see it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. rscott7706

Thanks yuniar!!

I want to reiterate that I feel your software is dynamite, and I want to support you guys.

In the next two weeks or so, I hope to be purchasing a MachForm 3 Licenses Pack. I also hope you are finding success in your business, and will be around for the long haul.

Sometimes users don't recognize the hard work and dedication involved in an effort like MachForm. Keep smiling!!

Ron

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. yuniar

Ron, that's just awesome! :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic