This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Unable to duplicate form error message - Bug

1. freeze2

While trying to duplicate a form, the following error pops up:

Error! Unable to duplicate. Please try again.

When I refresh the admin page, the new form (copy) does appear and functions normally.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hmm... is it possible for you to paste the error log from the PHP on your server?

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. freeze2

Sure can:

[15-Apr-2012 10:57:18] PHP Warning: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: File exists in /path-to-forms/duplicate_form.php on line 214

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. AMurray
    Pro Member

A possible explanation is that you are copying a form that contains entries, specifically with uploaded files, and the duplication of the form is not actually copying the uploaded files from data/form_x/files. but is just warning you there are existing uploaded files in the data/form_x/files folder. data/forms_x/files and its contents is not copied in the duplicate process; the system just creates a new folder under the new form_X folder.

[15-Apr-2012 10:57:18] PHP Warning: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: File exists in /path-to-forms/duplicate_form.php on line 214

The message is only a warning but nonetheless, can probably be turned off through some PHP setting e.g. in the php.ini file (if you have access to change it - ask your Host about that).

However I'm not sure where the "Error! Unable to Duplicate. Please try again" is coming from - maybe a user-friendly error based on the PHP warning?

I don't see either error whey I duplicate forms within my installation (Machform 3.1).

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. freeze2

I just tried to copy a basic form with no uploaded files and no entries...the same error occurred. After refreshing the page, the admin does display a copied version.

I checked the files and noticed that the "Error! Unable to duplicate. Please try again." error seems to be generated from the js/form_manager.js file.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. yuniar

This seems to be a small bug which happened when you have many forms, deleted some of it and then duplicate a form. The fix is quite simple.
    I'll send the file to your email.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. freeze2

Thanks Yuniar...worked perfectly :)

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. hale3031

I'm having the same issue...can you please email me the fix as well? Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. yuniar

Yes, can you contact us directly please? We'll send you the file
    http://www.appnitro.com/contact

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic