This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Unable to edit CSS

1. oxfordnetworks

Hello,
    When I attempt to edit the CSS I receive this error, "Unable to write into CSS file. Please check your file permission" I have gone as far as to make the parent, and all subdirectories and files 777, so permissions should not the issue. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. oxfordnetworks

I created a CSS directory under my form directory and uploaded one of the view.css files provided on this site. That fixed the updating problem, but the form does not reflect the CSS changes.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. AMurray
    Pro Member

Hi, I've just joined the forum, this product looks fantastic.

OxfordNetworks, did you update the style sheet link in the form page to the new location (that is the location you moved the view.css to)? It seems that it's still pointing to the old location, the file you couldn't update due to the file permission error therefore it's not reading the correct version of the view.css file,

You may need to change this line:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="[whatever]" type="text/css" /> to reflect the new location of the view.css file.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. yuniar

As AMurray said, your form is still using the default CSS file. To fix it, you only need to modify the value on your ap_forms table.

Using PhpMyAdmin, browse to your ap_forms table and update the value of form_has_css field.

Currently the value is 0, you need to update it to 1. That would set your form to use the new CSS.

===

Now the core problem which caused this issue is PHP Safe Mode.
    Most likely your PHP is configured to run under Safe Mode, which disabled few important functions.

Under Safe Mode, some of MachForm functionality (CSS, file uploads, etc) won't work correctly.

So you need to turn off Safe Mode. Modify your php.ini file to do so.
    If you don't have access to php.ini, please contact your hosting support.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. oxfordnetworks

Hi,
    Thank you both for your help! I edited that ap_forms / form_has_css as instructed (default value is now 1 instead of 0), but that did not fix the issue. Further thoughts?

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. yuniar

That's weird. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

If it still doesn't work, may I login to your admin panel?
    Mail me the detail please.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. yuniar

oh one more thing, the actual value for form_has_css is already 1 right? not just the default value.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. oxfordnetworks

Cache cleared. Yes, form_has_css is 1, not 0.

I can email you the site information. What is your email address?

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. yuniar

I've sent you an email. Please check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. jblackburn

I have one original form that is behaving this way. Ap_forms is set to 1 and I have cleared my browser cache. Is there a seperate entry in the database specifically for a single form?

If I view the source for the first form, it points to the default view.css file (<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="view.css" media="all" />).

Jim

Posted 15 years ago #
  11. yuniar

hmm.. are you sure the actual value for form_has_css is already 1?
    It should be the record data, not the column structure.

or you can simply run this query:

update ap_forms set form_has_css=1

run that query and refresh your form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  12. jblackburn

Thanks. That did it. (I had changed the column structure, not the record data).

Jim

Posted 15 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic