This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Unable to email entries from Control Panel

1. mbs14a

If I try to email an entry I get the following error in 4.4

Error! Unable to send entry.
    Error Message
    Fatal Error. Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8358167 bytes) in /home/accountnamehere/public_html/forms/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/ Encoder/Base64Encoder64.php on line 51

Any ideas?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

That is a server error (not Machform).

As I understand this, the error is caused by the fact it's trying to use (allocate) more memory than the memory limit (32M) allows, and therefore crashes the script. It's trying to allocate 8358167 bytes (~7MB) more than the allowed 32M.

33554432 bytes seems awfully lacking - that's only 32MB of memory allocated for your hosting - normally (even on shared hosting) you should be able to set this to 128M, 256M or close to that. Given the problem is about allowed memory size, you need to check with your host about that, and adjust the memory_limit value in your PHP.ini file.

Perhaps as a temporary or even permanent solution, try to set up your SMTP details for the email function, so Machform can send the email.

Does this error occur at any other time (such as when a user submits the form normally, the system would send the email). It is strange if it can succeed sending the normal email notification/confirmation message at time of original submission of the form, but not if you try to email the entry).

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. mbs14a

Thanks for the response which pointed me in the right direction. Quick change to php.ini file on hosting account upped the allocated 32M to something more reasonable. Odd it's not cropped up before but sorted now and solution remembered for the future.

Thanks.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic