This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Upgrading from V-1.9 to V-4.7

1. MarioCipriano

Hello, I am looking for any documentation that can help me with the process of upgrading from version 1.9 to version 4.7. I see there are instruction on upgrading from version 2 to version 4.7 however not a version as old as v-1.9.

I would if it were just a few forms to be considered simply recreate them in the new version and move forward. However there are 14 forms. Some of the forms also have some customization (I have it documented) that allows for an email sent to different account based on a radio button selection in the form. This is also an important consideration.

Has anyone had to do this to upgrade from 1.9 to 4.7 or even any version in the 3.x series?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

@MarioCipriano: I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think you will be better off (and save time, in the long run) just installing the latest version of Machform from scratch and recreate all of your forms. You can have the two versions installed side-by-side, or install the new Machform in a test environment (local or not), recreate all of the forms, replace the old Machform installation with the new one (assuming you want to preserve the same Machform URL), then export the forms from the test environment and import them into the updated version, using the new export/import forms feature.

Rather than trying to preserve your email customization, you should just recreate it using the new logic for email feature. If you want to bring your entry data forward from the old version, then I can't help you, but good luck! I hope someone else will be more help than I am.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. MarioCipriano

williamansley,

Thank you very much for taking the time and for the clarity of your reply. I understand - I can only hope that the developer may have a better solution. It will take me 5 hours or more to recreate these forms - they have an average of 25 elements each. Might even take longer than 5 hours.

I am hoping that Yuniar or Andar Redityo have a better solution. I had asked via direct support message how to proceed and Andar Redityo replied

-- Your website php version seems has been upgraded, thus showing those deprecated error message on old machform version.
    -- You can upgrade your machform to version 4.7 and you will need to upgrade your machform license.

I was really hoping for a clear answer since I asked a very specific set of questions - however as you know its often a 24 hours cycle for a reply and I am now on my second 24 hours cycle. I wish I could fall back to an earlier version of PHP but that's not an option. I may consider moving the installation to a domain under a new account and just rename all domain references in the entire directory to the new domain name.

I will give it a bit more time in hopes that the developers will have a way to save me! - if not - then your advice is the best way forward...
    Thanks again!
    Mario

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Just a note, in case other need this. You can upgrade from v1 to v4, but it will require two steps.
    First you'll need to upgrade to v2.4, then you can continue upgrading to v4.7

Here is the instruction to update machform from v1.2 to v2.4:
    http://www.appnitro.com/doc-upgrading-to-version2

And for the upgrade from v2.4 to v4.7:
    http://www.appnitro.com/upgrading-machform

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic