This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Upgrading to V4

1. Jas123

I have Version 3.5 single user but I need to install on a different website and I think I now need the 5 license version $99 which I am now looking to buy.

I see that version 4 is approaching so I have a few questions.

1. What is involved in upgrading existing forms and databases from 3.5 to V4?

2. When is V4 actually due out? (I want to postpone a new project so it can be developed on V4)

3. Whats new in V4?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

No announcements officially but Yuniar has indicated (if you search the forum you will find other references to V 4) a general time frame may be within the first quarter of 2014

The upgrade process is simple (similar to http://www.appnitro.com/upgrading-machform).

Keep an eye on "News and Announcements" forum; http://www.appnitro.com/forums/forum/news-038-announcement, as news about new releases is posted there.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

I can't provide you with the exact release date yet but we really expect to release it within Q1 of this year. I'll start posting some previews of the new features next week..we're still in a bit of vacation mode at this moment :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. sulapanidhummi

I am having version 3.4, I do not know how to design a form for "TELL A FRIEND" with an option to send site recommendatin to multiple friend's Email IDs. Can any body tell me how to go about. Thanks in advance!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. yuniar

You'll need to update to v3.5 and use the conditional logic for that.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. mitchellm

I'm wondering if there's any more news re: version 4. It seems some of the new features were going to start being posted about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't seen any news yet. Since we are about 67% of the way through Q1, it would be great to learn about some of the newest features in v4. (I realize v4 may not ship in Q1, that these are estimates only, but I have to imagine there's still a solid sense of what kind of new features will be included.)

Many thanks.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. yuniar

8. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Does having your support contract up-to-date get you v4 free as well? Or do we still have to pay the upgrade fee? No worries either way, just curious.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. williamansley

@Saghalie: I can't give you an official response, but based on the information below from Yuniar's original message about v. 4, you will need to pay the upgrade fee if you purchased Machform before 2014, even if your support contract is up to date:

"Anyone who purchase MachForm within 2014 will get this upgrade for FREE, while the rest who have purchased previously will be able to upgrade at a discount price (more details regarding this to be announced later)."

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic