This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Uploads not working in IE 8 and 10

1. alignmentyoga

I recently installed Mach 4.1 and tested it on various browsers. In IE 10 running in a Windows 7 virtual machine, file uploads would get to 100%, but never show the "Attached" message that apparently means it is complete. When I hit the "Submit" button for the form, nothing happened, as though it was still waiting for the file upload.

In IE 8 on Windows XP, the upload buttons don't show up at all.

Any help?

You can see our example at

www.alignmentyoga.com/YTT200-application-madison.html

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I'm no expert on this but would suggest that IE8 is too old to support HTML 5 (which is what is used for the file upload fields, which would possibly explain why they don't show up in IE 8) .

I'm not sure if Flash is still used as the 'fall-back' deprecated method for the file uploads which was used in previous MF versions. Unless you have the appropriate flash plugin or similar it may not work and revert to standard browse fields.

Aside from the above, just thought I'd mention also, that there are some layout issues with the web page in which this form has been placed.

The form "breaks out" of the body of the web page. in IE 11. (the form upload buttons show fine there). The form's height is more than the height of the body of the page itself.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. yuniar

As of v4.0, MachForm officially only support the last 3 major versions of IE (IE9, IE10, IE11).
    That being said, I've just tested your form using IE8 and IE10 and the file seems to be attached just fine during my test.

Perhaps try it using another machine?
    By default MachForm will use HTML5 for the file upload field and will use Flash as the fall-back for older browser.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. ROYW1000

Hi

I have also had the same issue reported using IE8, however when I have tested it it seems to work fine.

Roy

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. alignmentyoga

Thank you for the replies. I will see if it looks any different on another machine.

In terms of the layout issue, I noticed the same height issue. By default the form had that issue, simply using the code that was provided. Can you provide any guidance on how to fix it?

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic