This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

URL Parameters

1. berndtb

URL Parameters not getting passed on if its a hidden logic field or a hidden field, why?
    The field is empty when saved in database, why?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

When the field is being hidden due to logic, it won't accept any input indeed, including the URL parameters. This is by design.

However, if you passed an URL parameter to a field that is hidden by using the "hidden" CSS, it should accept the value.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. berndtb

And then i spend som hours struggling with something that don't work, sad story that hidden logic and all other ways to pass data in the latest version of the software is gone it worked before the latest update my database is prof...
    Why have you done this to send information from the website without the person filling out the form looks something is something that is often required, such as sending name on website or serial number!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Have you tried using the "hidden" CSS class?
    You can hide a field by applying the keyword "hidden" to the Custom CSS class property of the field.

That would make the field hidden and you can populate the value of the field using URL parameters.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. berndtb

Unbelievable after four days of testing, I can only say that it will not work if you use the popup code

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. yuniar

So you have tried using the "hidden" CSS class as I pointed above and it's not working?
    Can you provide an URL so that I could check it please?

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. timcov

I'm using POST rather than GET URL parameters to populate fields (per forum post: http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/url-parameters-post-instead-of-get?replies=2 ). I didn't realise that hiding a field would stop it being populated.

I prefer not to just use CSS to hide the fields as the main reason for using POST instead of the URL parameters is to make it more difficult for users to see or manipulate the pre-populated data.

As the current behaviour is by design - is it possible for me to adapt the code so it allows that input to populate a hidden field?

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic