This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

User form ownership with changing form name

1. zforray

A question about the user/forms management.

I am currently setting up 5-forms - 1-per week of a month, since that is the only way I can think of to control which of 5-forms appears on a page based on dates (weekly meals signup). I need to setup a user to let them edit the forms.

Currently when I setup a user and select what forms they can edit, the process picks it by the form name. The question/issue I have is, what if the form name changes, which is going to be necessary since the form name/title will include the date - i.e. "Wednesday Night Meals for April 10, 2013"

Also, is there a way to control the awful "This form is currently inactive" on a form-by-form basis? For instance, for these 5-forms, I want it to say "Meal Signups for this week are over". In this same area, for a future version of MachForms, it would be nice for a form that has expired to have the option to display the form but all controls are greyed-out/disabled, i.e. for this form, I want to still show the meal elements so folks can decide to still come but pay at the door!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

It doesn't matter if the form name being changed, since MachForm is actually using the form id number (which can't be changed) to assign the permissions.

Regarding the inactive message on a form-by-form basis, this is coming within v3.5. The functionality is already implemented but we still working on few other stuff. Stay tuned!

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. zforray

Thanks and thanks for whatever you add in 3.5. From my other message, it would be nice to have an option to simply just not show the form if it is inactive.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic