This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

using mf on manufacturing line

1. holla2040

Dear MF super users,

I want to use tablets for data entry as our products move through our manufacturing process. We have about 15 steps along the way where different things are added to the product, test results are produced, QA inspections, etc. We want to put a tablet at each station, then when an item arrives at the station, the assembler enter the item serial number and a form is produced with all the previous data populated.

I've been looking over view.php and include/view-functions.php to figure out if this possible with a little hacking. I can use 'save for later' option but want to disable the email address input box, then use resume_key to bring up the form.

Here's my question,
    Is this the simplest approach, using the resume_key? I can write a query to generate a page of items in progress with the resume_key in the url, that's easy.

Or will I need to copy mf_display_form to get what I need?

Thanks,
    Craig

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Using the resume key is the easiest option for this purpose indeed. And you can hide the email address from the "save for later" checkbox. The email field is optional.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. holla2040

I'm OK with multi-page to enable the 'save my progress'. Do I have to change the code to always have the checkbox selected and hide the email address? or can I do this through css?

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Yes, you need to change the code to make the checkbox always being selected and then use CSS to hide the email field.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. holla2040

will do, thanks for the tip.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic