This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Using Stripe

1. topangan

Hello,
    I have used the machform software for over a year and it works great. Now, I am trying to accept payments using a form and have a question. I just signed up for Stripe and am a bit confused. I have created a form using machform and made all the changes to accept Stripe in the payment section of machform but nothing seems to be working. Should I be creating a form in machform? After creating a form with all the necessary fields (name, credit card number, expiration date, etc.) and then hit submit, it then goes to another form (it looks like a Stripe form) and it is essentially asking for the same information again.
    What am I missing?

Thanks for the help...

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

You appear to be doubling up - you don't create the Machform form with the credit card detail fields (that is done automatically, behind the scenes by the Stripe API). Instead of explaining further, please see an example I have set up. This uses Stripe (in Test mode so please don't complete the payment fully, you can go as far as being presented with the C/Card detail form page.

https://murraywebs.net/mf/view.php?id=19350

The first portion is a Machform Form, collecting information such as name, address, invoice number etc, and amount payable.

Essentially the first part is the form created in Machform, and submits those details to the MF database. It present you with a confirmation page and a "proceed with payment" button. Then proceed to the next screen, which is the actual credit card info screen (this part created behind the scenes by the Stripe API stuff), to submit the actual payment.

See the Payments section in the Documentation for further information:
    http://www.appnitro.com/doc-payment#merchant-settings

Also be aware, that a customer could submit the record to the point of the Payment screen, but decide not to go ahead; that means there will still be a record in your MF database for that person, with a payment status of UNPAID. That would of course have changed to PAID if the payment was fully submitted and processed.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. topangan

Thanks for your help AMurray...worked like a charm!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic