This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

v3.5 Cannot use checkbox as target field

1. he4gaveme

I am loving the new quantity field option in v3.5. I should be able to use a checkbox field as the target and it doesn't allow. I can use Multiple Choice, DropDown successfully so far. Any ideas?

http://www.appnitro.com/blog-price-calculation-using-quantity-field

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Checkbox should be fine as the target for the quantity field. What do you mean by "it doesn't allow"? Did you get any kind or error message?

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. he4gaveme

No error messages. Maybe I was using it incorrectly or I am reading the terms wrong. I tried to use the checkbox to allow multiple selections of price options and a number field as the quantity. When I select the number field and enable as a quantity, the checkbox field I just made is not in the dropdown list as an option to assign. If I go back and change from checkbox to a multiple choice or dropdown, then it appears as a selection.

After creating quite a few of these quantity options, it seems you can have ONLY one on the form. Is this accurate?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. yuniar

It seems there is something wrong with your MachForm. Is it possible for me to login to your machform to check it?
    You should be able to add multiple quantity fields within one form.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. he4gaveme

Sure! I will send it via the Support contact form!

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. he4gaveme

To state my problem another way, this is the statement on the link above:

Each number field can be associated with any other price-enabled fields (Multiple Choice, Checkboxes, Drop Down, Price)

I am unsuccessful applying a checkbox field as the target on a Number field. The Number field allows selecting the other price-enabled fields.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. he4gaveme

Ok, now it is understood. When you use a checkbox for the options, the field name itself does not appear in the number (quantity) field; you must create a number field for EACH option in the checkbox field and then apply that option in the dropdown. Thanks for your help and patience with this Yuniar!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic