This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

V4 - Feature Request - Form Users

1. iskz

Hey there,

Just wondering if there is a possibility of adding of Users to a particular form itself,

So when loading up the form to enter the data to submit, is required to log in.

Reason behind this request is that I have a form that is used for order processing and is used by the same people day by day.. hundreds of entries per day.

And the person submitting the form has to enter in their name from a drop down, and enter in their email address manually for confirmation emails.

It would be really helpful and save a lot of time if my users could Login once at the start of the day. and they will not have to enter in their name or email address in every submission - but still have an ID reference assigned to their entry so it can still be reported on.

thoughts on this? would it be a feature for future versions or is there a way/workaround I could look at implementing this now?

Thanks for reading

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. kolazero

that is my dream !!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. jhinkle

You could give them their own unique URL that has preloaded information in the URL that will automatically fill in the fields for them. Like this: http://www.appnitro.com/doc-url-parameters

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. iskz

Thanks jhinkle,

I've considered this..

But upon submission, it generates a link to start over again reverting back to the forms URL.

As it is used as an order processing form for around 70 people, it can become quite messy this way..

Due to the lack of response from the Developers I don't believe it is something they would consider as it'd only be a select few Machform customers that would benefit from such feature.

It never hurts to ask :)

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. timcov

Is there a misunderstanding about your requirement here?

You can populate both a username filed and an email address field via a url something like:
    www.mydomain.com/machform/view.php?id=12345@element_1=johnf&element_2=johnfetc@gmail.com
    And then element_2 in this example could be used as the email "address to" field in the notification email settings (assuming you want the email sent to the email address you include as a parameter within the url link).

What do you mean "upon submission it generates a link to start over again reverting back to the forms URL"?
    After submission you either get the Thank You page or the Redirect to Website URL set in the form's properties. From Version 4 you can also now insert template variables into either of these so:

1) The "Thank You" page could contain an HTML link to restart another form entry with the same user/email parameters (and any other recurring data) as per the original URL link by including them as template variables. The link url above would become:
    www.mydomain.com/machform/view.php?id=12345&element_1={element_1}&element_2={element_2}

2) You could simply redirect to the same form URL including the template variables you want to be copied in every recurring form submission and avoid the Thank you page which will take the user straight back to a new input screen with those credentials pre-filled.

Is this what you wanted to achieve?

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. iskz

timcov - Thanks very much.

I wasn't aware that version 4 passed template variables through URL as I have tried your method with 3.5 with no success.

I am still running 3.5 due to various edits made to the files but it seems like if this will work it is time to spend the time to do the upgrade.

Once again, thanks alot for bringing this to my attention :)

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. intj

I, too, would value a feature such as iskz suggests. Here is how I would implement it: Just prior to submission, the form filler would have an option to add a password to his form for his private future use of the data [name, address, phone number, etc.] he has entered. When starting a repeat form submission, the form filler have an option to provide a previous form key [such as an e-mail address or phone number] and the password. Any prior form record with the key and password could be used to preload select form elements [as would be specified by the forms editor].

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic