This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Variable AND fixed prices

1. WEC

I'm sure this isn't possible at the moment, so this is probably a suggestion for a future version ...

I have a booking form where people can book a course for any number of weeks, so I would use a variable price linked to the number of weeks the client chooses. But there are also a couple of one-off charges for things such as the course book - ie. a fixed price. I'm sure other people have a similar situation, such as a holiday rental company which charges by the night but then has one fixed charge for cleaning at the end, for example.
    So my request is to have both variable and fixed prices on the same form.

Many thanks!

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Thanks for your suggestion on this. Unfortunately, having both fixed and variable pricing into the same form is currently not possible. Sorry :(

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. williamansley

@WEC: I believe Machform does do exactly what you want it to do already, you just don't realize all the capabilities of variable pricing. If you make a check box field called "Additional Items" and under it create choices (individual check box items) called "Course Book, $10", "Course t-shirt, $25" and so on, then you can assign prices to those check box items and the quantity you designate will be added to the total amount if those boxes are checked. In other words, you don't have to have a quantity field at all to set a price.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic