This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Ver4.4 inserting back slashes in my html e-mail notifications area

1. toddbuchanan

I just downloaded and installed Version 4.4 today (7/29) and updated with out any problems. I was excitied to enable the attach .pdf function for my e-mails (Thnk you for adding this feature!). In the Notification Settings I checked the box to send an e-mail attachement and saved the changes. Then I went back and tested the form with sample information, submitted the form and it sent me an e-mail but there was no .pdf attachement.

And stranger still is that when I went back to edit/check the Notification Settings, the HTML text in the E-mail Content block had multiple back slahes added to the e-mail area in the HTML links in the text area. (I did not insert any of these back slashes...they just appeared there after sending the first one)...

I have tried to paste code here but it is not rendering correctly even when I put code in between "backticks"....

basically on any html link, it adds several back ticks like this: "\\\\\" at the begning and end of the link.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Thank you for reporting this. This is a bug and we'll release an update to fix this very soon

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Robolovsky

I have exactly the same problem. Has this been rectified in version 4.5.?

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. yuniar

This has been fixed on v4.5
    The bug on v4.4 only affected to those website server having PHP 5.3 and magic_quotes_gpc set to "On" (the default is "Off").

If you're running v4.5 and still getting the issue, try to create a new form first and test it with your new form.
    If the problem persist, please contact us directly. We'll help you through the support ticket.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Robolovsky

Thanks yuniar I have now fixed this, following your explanation, by upgrading my PHP to 5.4. I chose to do this rather than upgrade Machform to 4.5 because that would have meant me having to redo all my customizations (see previous posts). Having only upgraded to 4.4 a few days ago and re-customizing I'm sure you can see why I did not want to do this.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic