This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

View Entry / Print Suggestions

1. orware

Good afternoon,

I was just asked from our Foundation Directory, who is using a form created in MachForm to receive scholarship applications, if there was something that could be done to improve the layout of the print outs that they're doing (for example, they print out the applications so that other users here on campus can review them in a room together).

I think the main suggestions I can share with you after receiving his input, would be to change the larger text areas to be displayed in a single column format to better utilize the space (right now they're displayed in two columns which results in a lot of wasted space on the left-hand side so turning this into two 1-column rows for the larger text areas would probably be better).

The other suggestion was if there was a way to indicate a page break at specific points (for example, in this case he wanted to have the field with a larger amount of text start on the next page automatically). I know this can be done with CSS, but it might be a nice little feature to add in to have the capability of configuring a few manual page break locations in the Design view for the form and have those automatically get recognized when you're in the View Entry area and then decide to print out the form.

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Thank you for your feedback!
    It is make sense to display the paragraph field into one column when you print it indeed. We'll update MachFor to work it this way.

If you would like to do it on your own, it's quite simple actually.
    Simply edit the "view_entry.php" file around line 404:

if($data['element_type'] == 'section') {

change it to become:

if($data['element_type'] == 'section' || $data['element_type'] == 'textarea') {

Regarding the pagebreak, this one is a bit difficult to implement for now. We'll consider this further.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. saraconceptopoliscom

Is there any way to change this for check boxes? I have a lot of wasted space as well.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic