This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

[closed] Viewing Entries Problem..

1. workbench

I created a fairly lengthy form and saved it. Later, before any entries were made I added a few extra questions and positioned them throughout the questionnaire where appropriate. Everything worked fine and the form displayed with the new questions in their proper place.

However, when I go to the "View Entries" page of the admin area, or after exporting them to an Excel spreadsheet, or view them in an email,the new fields are positioned at the end of the field selector, or the last columns of the Excel spreadsheet, or at the end of the email. I understand that its because they were added last, but its kind of hard for my client to make sense sense of the data once its retrieved.

For example, my job application form has 70 questions. The second question is "Have you ever been convicted of a felony", the third is "have you ever applied here before", and on and on...I added about 5 additional fields of "If you have, Please describe the circumstances" following numerous questions. Obviously, the answers to all those questions show up last in the data output..

Is there any way to fix this? Or do i have to go back and recreate the entire forms with every question entered in the correct chronological order?

Any help would be appreciated..

thanks again, you guys are great!

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I hope you are being patience with me. You will need to do some fix again for this.

For the email, check this post:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/order-of-answers-in-email?replies=3#post-102

For the excel export, login to customer area, download the latest machform build and replace your current export_entries.php file with the one from the latest zip package.

(sorry I didn't announce the latest build on the forum as it only contain small fix, only releases which added new functionality and major bugfix will be announced here)

For the "view entries", this one is currently on progress.

I hope that help.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. workbench

I'll try it. Thanks again, you are THE MAN!!!

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. workbench

Hey yuniar, I was able to do the fix for the email, however, the export_entries.php file didn't seem to do anything as far as fixing the order in the excel spreadsheet. Is that the only file that needs replacement?

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Oh, I just realized that the zip file didn't contain the latest export_entries.php file.
    So sorry about this, my bad. It must have slipped somehow during the build.

I've just updated the file and also send it to your email.
    Let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

MachForm Founder

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. workbench

works great! thank you.

Posted 16 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.