This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

visible to admin only

1. inthanet

I use the actual version of MachForm and have a problem with fields "visible to admin only"
    When I fill in the form the "visible to admin only" are not visible, is OK but when I edit the
    saved entries all "visible to admin only" fields are visible for NOT ADMIN USER!

I'm not sure this is an bug or I misunderstand how to use "visible to admin only" fields.

How "visible to admin only" fields works and how to use?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Not sure what you mean. If you log on as "Admin" only you can see the "admin only" fields in the Entries Manager when you open the entry to edit it. No one else should be able to see it, except perhaps, if you have added extra users with permissions to edit the form entries. Normal, general users don't have access to the back end so shouldn't see such entries.

Are you sure you have actually set them to "admin only" because, they should not be visible in the 'front-end' view of the form.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. inthanet

Hi AMurray,
    I was not sure because I was thinking only user was admin rights can see it and normal user with view and edit rights could not see the admin only fields. May be it would better not to say "Admin Only" because you have 3 permission levels view, edit and admin.

Thanks for clarify this for me.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. inthanet

On question more,
    if i like to change that "Admin Only Fields" can only see and edit from "real" admin, where I have to look for it?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

You would make the other users not able to edit the entries. The user permissions of the extra users is basic at the moment because it was an only just introduced feature in the last version or so. Maybe Appnitro will expand on the user permissions in future editions.

The "admin only" field is of course set in the Form Properties - so anyone with the editing form or editing entries access (the extra users) can do what the main admin can. if you don't want them doing that then set the access to disallow editing forms or entries

The above applies only if I have interpreted your last question above correctly, that you only want the main admin to see the "admin only" fields. The extra users you create are also considered "Admin" users so you can set their administrative permissions as you see fit within the bounds of the current options available for the extra users.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. inthanet

Thanks for your Info, I have changed the script in the meantime as I need

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic