This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

When exported, checkbox selections show generic "checked"

1. ivycreekelementary

Just upgraded to MachForm 3.1 and it's working great

One difference I've found, though, between version 3.1 and version 2.4 that I was previously using is that on checkboxes, if someone puts a check in a box (say, they choose 'red' from the list of three different checkboxes, 'red', 'white', and 'blue'), while "Red" is displayed on the Review Page, as well as within the confirmation emails that are sent to both myself and the user, when I export that same entry out of MachForm as either a .xls or .csv file, the data shown within the column for that checkbox simply says "Checked" rather than what it used to say under MachForm 2.4, which was the checkbox selection name itself (in this example that would be "Red").

Unfortunately, this puts a kink in how I use the exported data (mail-merging it into an exist Microsoft Word document), as when the data is mail merged, rather than "Red" being shown, the word "Checked" is being shown instead.

Is there any way to switch this back to how it used to be in MachForm 2.4? I wouldn't think it would be too hard, especially since - as previously noted - the Review Page and confirmation emails already properly display a checkmark and the word "Red" (rather than "Checked"), but perhaps not, depending on the code changes between the two versions.

Please respond when possible. Thank you in advance for your help (and for your great product)!

Joel

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

It is possible to revert to the old behavior. Please contact us directly and we'll send you the custom file for this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic