This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Where is option for custom "inactive" message (Ver 3.5)

1. AMurray
    Pro Member

I can't seem to find the option for the disabled form custom message as detailed here : http://www.appnitro.com/blog-several-improvements-v35.

I'm using V3.5 (as of 14/5/2013) but can't find any other "disable form" option other than the option that has always been part of Machform, which results in "This form is currently inactive".

The standard documentation (not yet updated) still describes the previous way this was done, that simply uses the same, standard "inactive" message but doesn't describe the new feature in detail. http://www.appnitro.com/doc-form-manager#enable-disable

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Steve1951

When I upgraded from Version 3.3 to version 3.4 I had to clear my browser cache before the new options were displayed properly. It's possible some of the older versions of the JavaScript files are cached.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. simonb

+1 @ AMurray
    I tested the demo also here and I cannot find a way to set a custom message

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Steve1951

The demo on this site is still running version 3.4 so the custom message option is not available.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. simonb

Yes but it still isn't showing in my upgraded 3.5 site
    Everything else is ( Tax etc......ie new add ons ) but if I click disabled on a form it just , well, disables it.
    I have cleared cookies caches etc.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Steve1951

I just installed version 3.5. I found the magic button to use a custom message. Just click on Disable and the custom disabled message box will appear.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. williamansley

@Steve1951: That's interesting. What are we supposed to do if we want a custom disabled message for a form that is set to be disabled on schedule, rather than manually? Would you mind testing to see if a form that you add a custom disabled message to by disabling it, keeps the custom message when you re-enable it manually and then disable it again? Then please see if a form that you have assigned a custom disabled message to and re-enabled displays the custom disabled message when it is disabled on schedule. If you don't have the time to try this, that's fine; thanks anyway. I just won't have time to upgrade to the new version for a while, since we have customized our current version, so it's not simply a matter of running the upgrade script.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. AMurray
    Pro Member

OK, problem solved, as per Steve1951 suggestion,

Clearing the cache worked - (I ran the excellent "CCleaner") and it made the Disabled Message window open, on clicking the "Disable" button for the particular form in Form Manager.

Williamsley - the message you set stays, when you disable/enable the form you don't have to retype it every time.

You can schedule the form to appear between a certain time (date range) and it will be automatically disabled the rest of the time, using the custom "Inactive" message. You set these dates in the Form Properties for the particular form.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. williamansley

@AMurray: Thanks a lot for testing that.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. AMurray
    Pro Member

Williamsley,

I found a problem with the auto scheduling, it doesn't seem to enable the form at the time / date specified. This is regardless of the form manager setting of "enable" or "disable" for the form since the auto-scheduling I assumed, would over-ride that setting.

Anyway I have posted this as a problem in a separate thread.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic